Pages

Wednesday 3 June 2015

June 3, 2015 TODAY'S SNEAK PREVIEW


Hi everyone!  Welcome back.

As you all know, I am the owner, designer, and manufacturer at Silver Penny Artisans 


 Starting today, I am adding a new feature to my blog:  Today's Sneak Preview.  This means I will preview a new item from my shop.  This item will be listed but not officially introduced to the world until you, my friends, have seen it first.

So, without further ado, here is today's sneak preview:






Blue Sea Glass & White Pearl Jewelry/ Wire Wrapped Heart Pendant/ Queen of Hearts/ Blue Heart Necklace



"Happiness is.... blue sea and white sands"

Recently, I had seen pictures of Santorini, Greece!!! Breathtaking! My heart was stolen right then and there. The white buildings with their blue roofs next to the white sands and the blue sea!

I love the way the smooth, shiny, round, white glass pearls contrast with the smooth, matte, spiky, cobalt blue cultured sea glass tusk beads! Opposites definitely attract!!

With the pendant, the necklace is 19 1/2" (49.5 cm) long. The necklace will just about hit your collar bone and the pendant will hang 2 1/2" (~5.5 cm) below that.

The length of this piece lends itself perfectly to scoop necklines, V-Necks, and collared shirts.

The dichoic glass heart is clear glass filled with cobalt blue and silver foil. I wrapped it with hammered silver wired. I finished the pendant by twisting the hammered wire into a bail.

The necklace is strung on tigerwire for extra strength.

Stringing the twisted bail on the wire gives the illusion of floating pendant.

This pendant necklace closes with a toggle clasp.

It is lightweight to wear.



Thanks for sharing you time with me!
Rosee

No comments:

Post a Comment